Friday, July 13, 2007

YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE..

Angel #17 - not much of an angel baby anymore...but still all angel Abe from here.

...you just have to wait.


I was trying to hurry little table runners along and scurry was disastrous. After taking two or three seams out, I decided to pile it up for the day. Two days later it went smoothly enough. The runners are pieced and off to Nines in today's mail. But don't hurry, love, we can wait until you're ready for the quilting.

This week has brought good rain and a break in the heat. The garden is happy and I am tempted to coulnt my canning jars before they seal. I even bought sugar this week for jam. How's that for hope! Nix on the low-sugar; sugar free tries. Real jam spread thinner will do as well and more often turn out like it should.


We had a very pleasant Miller reunion. I took a dozen postcards to the auction, they all sold, so now I need to replenish my supply. Alas, I have 12 mocked up (with heat n bond) and stabilizer enough for only half that. Guess I can be choosy and get JoAnne on the line for finishing out more in due time. No hurry, it's just something I'd rather do than work, you know.


Meanwhile back to the old exercise routine and the cookstove. DH is down picking cabbage and onions for soup, even as we speak.
NOTE: That head of cabbage weighed in at 9 lbs...took 1/8 of the head for a large pot of soup.

2 comments:

Isobel said...

What a cutie!

Nines said...

9 pound cabbage! WOW! Angel #17 is a grump, today. too tired! He is down for a nap, so let's hope he wakes up his usual sunny self!