Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ONE MORE SKIRT...













...there is always room for one more skirt. I'm on my way out with spring sewing - you believe that, you'll believe about anything - truly I am. All of this season's odds and ends were left-over notions.

The last one (larger pc) used some of the last quilt remnant from batiks and that scrap happy border. I was thinking dgd Hannah might like her own version of a pieced skirt. Problem is, unlike the smaller pieced varieties that were serged together, this was made of presewn strips. That meant lining it all with a nice tea dyed muslin. I'm not certain dgd will have the strenghth to hold up the weight of it.

We're getting ready for some spring company; so that means the sewing stuff must get out of the way for meals on the table. But the serger for soup ladle will only be a break ... hard to tell what I'll conjure up while I'm stirring that soup.

2 comments:

Nines said...

The girls looked so sweet in their new dresses, Wednesday night. I was rather hoping they would wait until Sunday, but they couldn't resist the sparkles! So they'll wear their new skirts Sunday. Thank you so much!!

Nines said...

Hey! Figured out how to put links on my sidebar!