Saturday, January 10, 2009

BETH'S QUILT TOP



My DGD Hannah Beth and I worked together on this one. The central fabrics were a gift to me, she approved of the colors and block pattern and once the blocks were assembled decided how she wanted them laid out. I love her design - meshing and progression of colors. It may be pictured upside-down...I can't remember whether she started with dark or light rows. I found the border fabric this week, so it's all done and ready to mail to GA. Miss Beth will quilt it by hand ... after she finishes a top she is doing for her other grandmother. Sorry, Beth, it's clearly a family addiction and you got a double whammy.

We're seeing a good bit of winter rain. We had lovely snow on Thursday, but it is warmer now. Rain or snow, I'm ready to sew. Crumb blocks may be next.

2 comments:

Isobel said...

The fabric is perfect for the border. Still looking for my grays...never thought it would be this difficult.

Nines said...

Lovely!! Realy like the layout- fun to play with, huh?