Tuesday, November 07, 2006

ABEL'S BIG FAT HEN

Nines was right - it took two pounds of rice to fill this big fat hen. But isn't she just so cute! She'll be laden down with pins in no time, so no, I do not think she is too big or too fat. Besides she has enough heft to hold down pattern pieces sans pins and GF's mail when the doors are left open.

You'll recognize the blocks from the gorgeous quilt Nines made for Abel. I loved the unusual colors in that quilt and the star in the corner, didn't you?

And as Abel lives in my heart, it's only fair and I'm very pleased to give him his own place at my (sewing) table.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Isobel said...

Watch your big fat hen carefully. I make Christmas gnomes once and filled them with rice and they eventually got quite "buggy". I undid them and stuffed them with aquarium gravel instead.