Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SKINNY CATS

Yesterday was (late) (o.k., very late) fall cleaning day. I had been pondering since October’s knee surgery how to begin that little task. Our household has been running pretty much on a lick and a promise for several months now. You know - a lick at the dishes and a promise to mop after I sweep sometime soon. Even I can tolerate only so much dust and clutter, so the time was at hand.

But where to start? A list of course. And then I took the arbitrary notion to start out with a pain pill instead of waiting for a miserable end. My daddy always said there was more than one way to skin a cat. (Wherever did that expression come from?) To my way of thinking, my day needed a little help and it turned out not to be overindulgent, after all. The list had very few check-offs at my giving out point; but clean windows, curtain and rug washing along with regular tasks was a real good start. Today, cleaning the tea shelves, bathroom and computer corner seemed a breeze – without medical assistance. Still have to sweep/mop the floors tomorrow – the paper trail to/from the computer took too long to rid/file today – but that looks quite doable from here. So my skinny cat took three days and a lortab boost, but she’s sleek and trim and ready to relax, snuggle up in. A little cleaning can surely lift a spirit.

For a sit down job after cleaning the computer space I ripped some CD’s onto my hard drive. Now I won’t have to shuffle between Brightman, Beatles and Beethoven CD’s on the single player – just think of all the time I’ll save for leisurely pursuits. And this blogging spot is much more inviting.

There’s more than one way to keep a ripening apple on a skinny tree limb, too, as the photo will attest. GF engineered 5-gallon bucket supports which, like those resewn seams, “ain’t pretty, but it’ll hold.”
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Isobel said...

Love the apple props. Imagine that tiny little tree producing such big apples. Good going on the housework. Like the turtle, slow and steady wins the race.

Nines said...

I have some cats you can skin. I put lace on 2 of the sets of napkins. Wondering if I need to go get some more lace...maybe. I'll miss you at Joann's! It's always so much fun when you go!