Saturday, February 10, 2007

IN THE GAME...





As game players go, I usual lag behind the whole line. But I can still jump in with both feet. This is my “patchwork” series of postcards. Not as creative as others I’ve seen around here, but kinda homey in a way, don’t you think? I'm still honing my techniques, but there's a glimmer of hope now.

I’d been having a lot of trouble with my sewing machine. Enter MY HERO, dh. He worked on it a couple of hours and now it sews like a top. This morning he even adjusted the bobbin winder so that it will wind a full bobbin, not a 2/3 full one. You can imagine what a time and aggravation savings that will be! Bless him. [The single is dh's pick of my litter; he was quite taken with the vivid fabric :)]

So, now I’m on a roll. You know you’re addicted when you cast covetous eyes toward the ‘egg money’ fabric box (Nine's special vintage reproductions gift)…but so far I have only snitched a bit of the muslin. So far, so good…

1 comment:

Isobel said...

It is amazing but some of yours look eerily like mine and not the ones you have seen but some I made after my postcard post. Do you think perhaps we have some of the same genes. They are beautiful.