Thursday, February 15, 2007

A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME....



...my big sis loves me A LOT.

This cheery little chickadee came in my Christmas box. Can you imagine turning a piece of wood into this? Wow! DS Isobel has a way with wood and paintbrushes, does she not? And she is unfailingly generous, bless her.

There lives in her studio a fellow chickadee with pink blossoms which I understood was slated to live with me…I may plea for a trade when that one is complete. Not that I am unhappy with this little darling, not at all!!! But the sentimental side of me (about 98% at last accounting) likes the idea of DS thinking of me as she carved it. Of course, there’s always the possibility that other little chickadee has flown elsewhere with good reason and if so, my sentiment blushingly acquiesces.

We’re still cold in WV. Not inside – the oak burns nicely, almost too warmly for aerobics, but the extra “glow” is healthy. Outdoor snow is not deep, but with single digits, it will disappear only by evaporation.

It’s about time for me to start some bread and then try to evaporate an ounce or so of weight with some video exercise.

1 comment:

Isobel said...

If ever those little pink blossoms bloom, I will be happy to trade but you know how slow I am.