Sunday, June 10, 2007

HE DID IT!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

God did it, but the experiment is a success. For long years DH has been interested in grafting...and this spring he finally tried his hand at it. It was funny watching him, knife or pruners in one hand and the Stark how-to booklet in the other. I think he was a bit surprised to see one graft bloom (a golden delicious grafted on to a red delicious) and now hold five apples.

Almost as surprised as I was to find I could use the photo site to put the picture on here. Thanks for the hint, sis.

Several other grafts look quite healthy and may have fruit next season. Next month he'll try doing some bud grafts. One thing I love about DH - he's always interested in learning new things!

1 comment:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Now I remember...I stopped trying this because I couldn't figure out how to adjust size. sigh.