Monday, June 18, 2007

READY - SET - GO


I have a week to get ready...set...go.



Every other year, the Teel clan merges - usually at some state park - for a reunion week. It gets harder to find as spot as the family expands and it's a lot of work for those who organize it. This year we handed the planning over to the second generation - they appear to be far more capable.



Maybe I don't know where to start because I've already started. A little box is packed with recently sewn items for some of the grandkids. Today DSIL will call and we'll make notes for buying breakfast groceries. This time we'll share a cabin with our Niagara Falls travelers and a dear friend from this area. I'm getting excited!



We will sorely miss our youngest and his family. Try as we may, it happens at times that one or another of us can't make it. And the older those grandchildren get; the more complicated working out schedules becomes - unlike former times when families lived in a near circle, on adjacent farms. Togetherness is a challenge. I'm thankful for computers that link us nicely...but a cyber hug / smile is not quite the same. Tangible warmth lasts longer.



We'll head for Townsend TN next Monday. Maybe by then my bags will be packed and I'll be ready to go.

2 comments:

Isobel said...

Oh, wish I could go with you. Maybe some year.....sigh

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Next time...let's just plan on it!