Monday, May 08, 2006

It's a Frame-Up


But it could be further framed, to make a queen instead of double sized quilt. Took this top to meeting yesterday to show Aunt Margaret – told her it was what I did last week when I should have been doing housework. Guess that leaves the housework for today and tomorrow. Funny how the cleaning I used to do in three hours now takes three days – at least I got a little start on Saturday. When I think of Aunt Carrie’s neat little house, I’m ashamed of my dust and clutter…time to fix it.

Back to the quilt top. If it’s done, its name is “Forever Melancholy.” I’m pleased with the finished top, though the 60-degree triangle strips were not as easy as Nines said they would be. [One of the several areas my daughters outshine me, no doubt!] It tended to stretch more than anticipated with the bias cuts, or perhaps I didn’t take enough time with it. ALWAYS, slow and easy goes together best; and especially when the fabrics are of varied quality. Now if there is ANY of that melancholy fabric left it’s in the 2-inch strip box, so I can dispense with melancholy titles…at last.

Yesterday afternoon at Teelside featured fresh de-caf and a cookie after meeting, a nice nap; new greens salad for late lunch/early supper, and an evening batch of rye rolls. The rolls were sent to Aunt Margaret this morning – GF is going down to try to fix a mower and tiller and he’s to tell her these are birthday buns. She’ll be 85 on Friday and we won’t be around to send them later in the week.

Looks like we’re off to NC midweek…and I’m hoping Nines will let me tag along home to IN with her by weekend. The three Teel ‘boys,’ Tom, Paul & Wayne, have homework of the construction variety afoot at Tom's house and they won’t need me to supervise, I’m sure. Nines and I are also hoping we can drive up to see Greg/Patsy while I’m there.

Meanwhile, back to my homework.

1 comment:

Isobel said...

OOOOOhhhhh I love the quilt. I am jealous that you may get to go home with Nines and even more jealous that you will see Pat & Greg but the best I can do is stick around to make sure DH does as he should. I think perhaps I will be brave and take the row off the wrong side of my latest quilting project and put it on the correct side so that like squares won't be sitting side by side forever.