Wednesday, January 03, 2007

MOVIN' RIGHT ALONG

Grandfather's Guardian "Angel"

...with this 'new leash on life' - 2007.

DS & DDIL do not have dial up, so I'm getting new lessons in computer addiction. It's so much fun to browse around with instant response. I've even been looking at many-photo blog sites I click past at home because of the time it takes to pull them up. And I confess that sometimes keeps me from writing here. It takes 10-20 minutes to configure and add images, and bald stories just aren't as interesting.

I have nothing on my mind today. We've been floating day to day and I'm concerned the week will pass with little in the way of lasting remembrance. Typically the kinds of things I do when I visit are not long term. I choose the easy chores - dishes, sweeping, laundry. And the older I get the lighter those chores become. Yet no small contribution goes without thanks. That's nice if the job doesn't last.

DS has a freezer door full of Gevalia coffees. This morning I tried the European blend. Yummy. Yesterday's Costa Rica, a nice mild blend, was so smooth it hardly registered on the tongue as coffee. I do feel a bit guilty, though, because my coffee measures are double what his would be, so that black gold diminishes at an alarming rate...on his tab. Not that he'll notice or complain.

As for the photo and caption: GF always called his grandbabies angels. It gives them a lot to live up to, but I must say they are managing quite nicely.

2 comments:

Nines said...

Glad you are having a restful time and are enjoying the internet on faster terms! Love you!

teelduo said...

WOW lovin' all these posts. giggle

Have fun surfin'

love you