Monday, January 01, 2007

A FEW DAYS AWAY
















It is pretty hard for me to slip away from GF. I don't think it 'bothers' him as much as it bothers me; but we seem to be joined at the hip in our (dare I say it) decline. Decline is not such a bad word in light of 2 Cor.4:16-18. I'm presently in GA with DS David's, family. We're having a good time, of course.

It was easier to leave this time because I left GF in capable hands. DGS Jonathan is there to keep him out of overmuch mischief. GF cut down the giant oak by the Barn last Friday. He said it lived a long time to fall in 20 minutes after taking the chain saw to it. Jonathan helped him tie it off with a lumber chain (to a large tree up on the bank). GF cut the lowest heaviest limbs that were stretching toward the Barn, so that left the weight up hill. It fell nicely - opposite the Barn - [thank you, Lord!] It will take a full week of muscle to get that giant dissected and split into firewood. DGS was opining about needing to build his strength for a similar feat when he gets back home. He is a good hard worker, though, and he and GF will have a great week, I'm confident.

(The picture is DS on his own cut oak stump.)

There is some question about menu plans back at Teelside. Rumor has it that yesterday's lunch was Snoodles (ramen noodles) and Treet Meat sandwiches....we may be in trouble.

1 comment:

Isobel said...

Now,now, I don't think a Treet Meat Sandwich is such a bad thing--at least not once in a while.