Tuesday, July 25, 2006

LIGHTS OF HOME




Everything I touch today seems to have the kiss of catastrophe upon it, so in final desperation I’ll try to blog a bit. That makes no sense, but I’m doing it anyway. Just to be perverse. Now you know where Nines gets it.

The little jar lights were hung on the balcony for the recent campers. DD Laurie couldn’t resist them, and when you add the flasher they look a little like lightning bugs in the jars. Really CUTE! I left them on until all the kids were safely home. I suppose I ought to take them down someday, but my heart doesn’t want to yet.

Erstwhile chores have taken FOREVER or been put on hold for sundry reasons:

  • broke another serger needle and can’t find the new package I know I bought recently
  • found that the fabric chosen for the Bible cover had a distinct smoke scent when I pressed it – off to the washer for it and other dark pieces of the same genre – (just cannot send a preacher a gift laden with tobacco smoke, you know)
  • miscalculated the book cover size, marked the horizontal for vertical, and why can’t I divide 9-5/8 by 2, today; so need to start over with basting lines
  • took three tries to print out a simple birthday card – I’ve given up on HP photo pgm, just let me lay it out with Word in a manual fashion. (Of course you know it’s a conspiracy of the printer/paper company – they want you to mess up those $1-per sheets and feel dumb about it; and Works is in on it too– they can’t identify an envelope size in simple inch increments a-tall)
  • the last of very few peaches from our ‘orchard’ need to brown bag it another 24-hrs…not that I’d risk making the sole peach cobbler of the season today…no, not today

Tomorrow’s trip to Charleston will feature a hundred stops – maybe that will make up for not accomplishing much today. Perhaps I’ll just put some warm socks on my cold tootsies, prop my feet and make a few tomorrow lists. There’s always hope for tomorrow…

No comments: