Saturday, July 29, 2006

MEANDERING



I generally compose off-line and paste, but at 6:00 AM, there's not much danger of tying up phone lines against incoming calls. The birds are twittering, it's a foggy FALL morning here in WV. Seems to me the harbingers of autumn come earlier all the time. Or maybe I only got around to noticing them on September school mornings when I was younger.

I has been a one cobbler summer....one blackberry, one peach. If you think the topping looks sparse on the cobbler, you're right. GF likes more berries than top, but I went a little too far this time - first time in 43 years he's said, "I need more bread." There are more blackberries for jam, but the peaches (one new dwarf tree) are all gone. The peach cobbler was good, but I do believe I'd rather have my fruit raw with juice running down to my elbows. More flavor and less guilt, too.

I finally got that Bible cover made. While the serger was out I also finished the edges on a few Hospice bibs. They're all shapes, sizes and colors; serged edges and velcro (new iron on fabric fusion type) fasteners; some with stray fabric, a few with Martha Stewart 'everyday' tea towels. The dish towels were brown/blue striped and I thought they might do well for male patients. Of course terry would work best, but I didn't have terry. So, as Nines says, it is what it is.

Also whipped up a few aprons for Nines. Didn't take a picture - just whisked them off in the mail before she ruined yet another shirt:) Besides I won't want a picture if they don't fit.

Friend Steph is taking me out for birthday lunch tomorrow. I really like eating out on Sundays.Today's cooking may be proportioned to share with Miss Marie tomorrow, since they never get to eat out - unless you count bring-in chicken or pizza. [Wonder if we can appreciate how closed in and lonely being a shut-in could be?] Might need to try that first cookie recipe from mama koch, though I don't see how it could beat the soft ginger!

Time to think about breakfast and sort some laundry....

6 comments:

Isobel said...

Old eyes would love to read this posting but it is so tiny that I can't get close enough to the computer to read it. What size print did you use?

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

I used 'normal' - are you looking on your new laptop? Maybe it's screen resolution? I'll change the font and see if that helps.

Isobel said...

No, this is on my old computer. I don't know why the print is so different all of a sudden. Didn't used to be that way. I can read the comments just fine, it is the print in the blogs that seems tiny.

Isobel said...

I can read your posting. I just went to the site on the lapatop and voila!, there it was filling the entire screen and readable.

Isobel said...

Try peach crisp instead of cobbler. Add a couple of drops of almond flavoring to the peaches. Yum!

Susan said...

Those bibs are great for any age!