Thursday, December 14, 2006

FOLLOW THE LEADER





It’s one of those little jobs that talks to you in your sleep. You can’t put it down. A low black ink cartridge keeps me from printing out DDIL’s wedding pictures, so I started at the other end of wedding memories. A full tray of photos are waiting...to follow the leader(s).

DD-Laurie was the first to wed in May 1986. Always a ‘do it myself’ kid, she ran the full gamut for her wedding. Designed and made her gown, the bridesmaids’ dresses, the flower girl’s dress and even the ring bearer’s suit. She also designed, baked and decorated her wedding cake. She did let me do the flowers (though I’m sure she’d have done as well or better). A bit Victorian; all white - everything. It was a very crisp, fresh wedding.

The local paper ran a piece on Laurie’s gown. I started my scrapbooking from that photo shoot. And there are loads and loads of pictures taken at the wedding to choose from when I move on to color – another day, depending on how my dreams progress. Right now I’m looking at family and friends in those pictures and remembering that first of wedding days was on a Sunday afternoon - Mother’s Day. Whew, were we tired!

And of course, I simply had to include photos of the flower girl (then and now), because she was married just last month and DD Laurie designed and made her (another) white wedding dress for the occasion. As Nines would say, “How cool is that!”

No comments: