Wednesday, December 13, 2006

TIMELESS TREASURES


My project for this month is to get a few wedding pictures out of old cling-style albums into safer storage. The plan is to make scrapbook pages for each of our children from a few of the best wedding shots, and catalog the rest. Since I had no pictures of youngest DS Craig's wedding, request was made and quickly filled by DDIL Lisa.


This picture came by e-mail today. Looking at it fills my heart with wonder. The toddlers in this shot are now 19 and soon 18; and the rest of us have a lot more white hair, too. [And, in case you're wondering, Nines looks a bit peaked, because she's in premature labor...poor baby.] Oh, but I think we're ALL beautiful!


What a sweet host of memories a single photo can evoke. And aren't all pictures like that? I sometimes wonder if I would have any memory at all were it not for snapshots to prompt it. And pictures definitely fill out stored memories. I know there are photos that bring back my own childhood in ways long since lost otherwise.


So I guess I'll hang onto these timeless treasures. You know what they say, "In case of fire, grab the picture albums!" And thank you, Lisa ...you're a treasure!

No comments: