Friday, March 24, 2006

BACK HOME







I’m glad to be home again – though we had lovely visits on both sides of Florida. We split the week up between SIL's at Ormond Beach and DD1's family in Tampa. It was short but sweet .. we kept the 3-day company rule and slipped out before we wore out our welcome. (Not that we could....) Back in WV it took over 24 hours to reheat the Barn and catch up on laundry, but we’re making progress. I made a big pot of vegetable soup today to compensate for the snow on the homecoming stairs. After a week’s spoiling in the Sunshine State, I’m thinking I’ll be glad when those balmy temps turn north. They must be coming because the daffodils are up and at ‘em and the fruit trees a poking little bud noses through their branches.

Today I have had difficulty getting beyond the picture of Evabeth that I placed on our desktop. She’s looking so good, isn't she! (Thank You, Lord.) When GF saw it, he started singing John Denver’s “You’re so beautiful…I can’t believe my eyes…” Indeed. Indeed.

While I was at it I decided to crop/add a few other recent grandson photos. It doesn’t take a genius to tell that these boys are related…at least in good looks. Give me all day and I’ll tell you how especially they differ as well. Like siblings, cousins have their individual traits … and a few common genetic markers. Stare hard and you’ll see (shown in opposite order) Jonathan’s humor, Luke’s charisma and Josiah’s earnestness. How Grandma Jessie would love them all!

GF was reading an article from the gramps and granny insurance company about keeping brain cells active as you age. One of the no-no's in the item was heating food in plastic containers or Saran wrap. Somehow the heated molecules affect brain function. So, says he as he pops a serving of creamed corn in its plastic storage container into the microwave, "I gotta keep doin' this, if I give it up I'll have no excuse." He might be right. :o) Now where's mine?

1 comment:

teelduo said...

Welcome home!

I can see the family resemblance and they are all BEAUTIFUL!

love you