Thursday, March 02, 2006

Feelin' Frisky



This picture of Benjamin came the day before his reassessment at Riley hospital. Doesn’t he look better!!! Out and about and feelin' frisky! Riley was also pleased with his progress. He’s gained five pounds and though he still has some sugar swings, they are evidently within acceptable perimeters. They say he’s still on his Diabetes honeymoon. I’d like for that honeymoon to last a lifetime! Some can, you know.

Endless Possibilities

It’s about those no recipe rolls – the variations appear to be endless. I keep adding and adjusting and coming up with new and exciting flavors. But the best part is no measuring, as such. To No Fussin’ Muffins, Nina has added No-Trouble Double rolls. (However, no trouble does not mean fool proof...if you foolishly add too much flour they will tend to be leaden.)

Yesterday I couldn’t decide whether to make cinnamon or rye, so made both. So little trouble, it’s easy to do double. I used some rye flour, cocoa, dried minced onion and lots of caraway seeds for Black Forest rolls; and also brushed them with egg white mixture to make them crustier. Then I pinwheeled a wheat roll combo with a chopped apples/walnuts, Splenda and cinnamon mixture. They were low-fat and no sugar and of course less tasty, but Aunt Margaret can enjoy them. Raisins would have helped perk them up, but of course she can’t eat the raisins that are high in potassium. I think GF and I like the rye rolls best. Well…to be truthful, I like the cinnamon rolls made with real butter and real sugar and real icing best, but alas, that’s not an acceptable option for my plate:>).

Since I awoke early this a.m., I whipped up yet another batch of cinnamon/brown sugar twirls to send to Marie and Steph. (Yeah, maybe I should just increase my no recipe to larger single batches.) GF is going out to fix Steph’s furnace. Perhaps she could use a little sweet comfort while she plans her trip to VA Beach next week – her sis Debby is having heart by-pass.

Now GF will have a lot of bun stops to make – though his primary purpose for driving to town is to see about a Stark Bro. Fuji apple tree and pollinator. No doubt I need to reconsider Mt. 7:12 – I’m loading him down with numerous errands, which is something I do not relish having done to me when I’m going out. In fact, if he had fewer stops to make, I might tag along…but I’d rather stay here and listen to rain on the tin roof.
  • So, says GF, with a twinkle in his eye, “Is blog another word for brag?” Oh me, oh my, Miss Molly…maybe so…maybe so.

2 comments:

teelduo said...

What a handsome little boy you put up there (says his mama) teeheehee

love you

Isobel said...

What a cute little kid. Makes one just want to reach out and give him a hug. I want to know more about those no-recipe rolls--just how does one go about that?