Thursday, April 20, 2006

Georgia Fly Boys




Guess this is a sequel to the GA Farmers…same GA, same boy Phil, slightly different mania. Phil and Tim’s dad has been into planes since grade school. I noticed, after he started building his own that the little decoupage cruet he made in middle school has 10+ airplane photos among the other pasted magazine trivia. Should have been a sign!

GF always wanted to build a plane…it must have rubbed off. David has tried to fulfill that dream for GF by letting him work in the GA hangar. And, GF has done a little tinkering there – but is generally content to watch David work and fill in the progress reports from afar. They did go to Mexico, MO together for a few days of instructional assembly as David started his second plane – a memory they both treasure, I think.

Well, it’s a risky hobby…and much more addictive than quilting I’m pretty sure. One time Dave came in from taking GF on a “ride “– commenting that the wind was kicking up so there would be no more rides that day…not that I’d be interested. I promptly told him if he thought I wouldn’t do it, he’d be wrong. The next good weather day during a later visit, I got my ride. [But I didn’t tell Nines ahead of time.] What a thrill!

And I just love the picture of Philip taken a year ago. He was David’s co-pilot as he flew from GA to VA for the Teel reunion. Now isn’t that a memory!


Do I worry? Sure I do. Do I nag? Yeah, I do that too. But it’s like I used to say about GF on the motorcycle – God can take as good care of him there (in the air) as anywhere. I believe that …even when my heart quivers.

No comments: