Sunday, June 11, 2006

IN-SIDE-OUT







There’s been a lot of shakin’ and movin’ inside and outside around here this week. Getting furniture puts a spin on the whole one-room living range. Getting rid of junk is an endless job, but I think we’ve accomplished at least 90% of that upstairs chore finally. But between chores we just had to take time out for the Lord’s special diversions…rainbows and painted clouds and a filling moon. So Awesome.

I have this narrow minded thing about the word awesome. Has it become a popular adjective that may lose its meaning with overuse? I tend to think ‘awesome’ should be reserved for the Lord or His direct providence. His creation is certainly awesome – everything about it. His mercy, His might. Think me picky – and I’ll admit to being – but when I use the word I want the Lord to get the glory. So, no, my new lipstick is not awesome…but it is pretty. ‘Nuff preachin’.

Now, meet my second little corner! GF spent most of the week working on bookshelves, and didn’t he “do good”? I had in mind metal supports with rough lumber boards on top. No way with GF at the helm. These shelves were rough sawn poplar, but when he was through planing, shaping, finishing and fastening they became absolutely elegant! Poplar is one of my favorite woods – it has such nice colors in it! The books now resting on them were all in boxes on the floor….no wonder this room looks so much larger. Boxes and baskets were taking up half the floor! I'm turning into a very happy camper.

In fact, I’m so grateful I started cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. Though it’s difficult to maintain, even with just the two of us, I do like things neat and tidy. Really gets my creative juices going, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Quiltgranny said...

Beautiful!