Monday, June 19, 2006

SCRAPBOOK TREASURES


Meet my dear friend Frances…isn't she beautiful! I’ve been thinking of her a lot and usually when I think ‘way hard’ about her I hear from her in some way. Today, I hit the jackpot – a nice letter, two quilting books for my new shelf and a photo of every single family member. WOW! Wonderful material for new scrapbook pages!!!

Love is Eternal - hardly an original thought, but I have been thinking for the last several days of the astonishing truth of the matter. Love, be it pure, true, lovely -- of God, -- is as changeless as its Source. Sometimes it comes through friends and family, and can be held closely even in absence. And always it is nice to receive tangible evidence of such.

Certainly kinship with the Fultz’s, Fran and Donald and their family, has been a gift to us. Sad, that times and circumstances create distance, but I have only to see her signature on a page or look at the pictures of her grandchildren to know the chord is alive and near. That is joy! As friend Johnny Felker used to say, “It kinda makes you want to go to heaven,” for though relationships are meant for here, the love that sustains them is a presence of the spirit that may be retained, held close in heart -- forever.

Thank you Fran for sending me your dear heart!

No comments: