Monday, June 19, 2006

IT IS WHAT IT IS


This is it, Nina. Your Papa made the frame out of wood from the barn. How cool is that! It is a memory, not a masterpiece; but it's just for you with lots of love from both of us.

I know you and Sarah are getting excited about your birthday trip...neither one of you will be worth two cents this week :)

We've had a few showers here today...soft soakers so to speak. And needed. I've done a few household chores...laundry and such. When I get the bed changed, I may get out serger and sewing machine and whip up a few Wonder Wallets. I have about 20 cut, pressed and ready to assembly line. Bought some new style Velcro...iron-on for fabric, which will be nice if it works. Want to give a few wallets for gifts and to take a few to the Miller Auction. We shall see... Feel my sugar drooping, so I'd better go have a swack. V-8 works when it's just drooping, not dropping.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

That is AMAZING!! I am always amazed at those that have the talent to re-create something using paint, pencil, chalks, etc. It's truly a God-given talent...one that He skipped over with me. ;o)

Sarah said...

Peni -

You are assuming that me and Nina were worth two cents to BEGIN with! We may be worth 2 cents put together!

Your painting is amazing!

Love, Sarah

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Sarah, you may be worth a million TOGETHER!

(Not worth "a plug nickel" was my daddy's expression.)

Nines said...

Oh... how beautiful!!!! I finally had a chance to sit down and look through the blogs. I have had my own struggles with my blood sugar- maybe sympathy for yours!! Two droopy, droppy evenings in a row and I get pretty wrung out! The painting is so wonderful. And the frame!! WOW!! Can hardly wait to see it in person. thank Papa for me! I love you both! Nina

Darcie said...

What a beautiful piece of art Peni! Just beautiful.

I love old barns. Sadly...there just isn't many of them standing anymore. How precious for Nina to have a memory like that...from both her Dad and her Mom. Lucky girl!