Sunday, February 05, 2006

Something Easy....

Just waited on the table until the only thing my conscience will would let me do was sew it out of the way. It was Saturday, I was feeling just a little heavy of chest and wanted to take it EASY....so the pink/lilac/blue strips promised at least a little something accomplished with minimal effort.
The strips were batched and numbered, so all I had to do was walk my little fingers from one stack to the next. I piddled with them off and on all day. At 8:30 p.m., I lacked only three strips on the 36 blocks. BUT there were no shut-in cookies made. [I did stop then and make the communion bread, if that counts for anything.]
We had a couple inches of snow outside today, but no trouble driving to church. This afternoon seemed a good time to finish off the squares, which I did. My favorite fabric in the blocks is a navy blue floral that I pilfered from Beccie (oldest son David's wife). If it's not too ugly when assembled, I may name it "Beccie's Bower." If it is too ugly we'll "blame it on OE." (Another story.)
My sister Karen had a good friend whose mother loved sewing. (She gave Karen a hand-pieced and hand-quilted Lone Star Quilt now in Nina's keeping.) This mother once told Karen that if you sewed on Sunday the devil would make you remove every stitch with your nose in the hereafter. Hmmm.....
No shut-in cookies and sewing on Sunday. Must be time for me to invest in some knee-pads!

4 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

If that's true, I'll be pulling a lot of stitches with my nose! :) Really love your idea of the reverse pineapple. Show us again when you have more done!

Tracey said...

My grandma NEVER shopped on Sunday's....until about a month before she died. I remember her being so upset that she had stopped off at the store to pick up some batteries she needed for her camera (she was going to meet her grandson's new bride). She said, with a slight smile..."If I end up not going to heaven...you know why!". Still makes me laugh. :o)

QuiltingFitzy said...

Welcome to blogland!

Can't wait to see what these colorful strips grow up to be!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hi Nina's Mom! I LOVE your house and where you live - Oh it looks so peaceful! I"m glad we can come visit now and then!