Thursday, February 16, 2006

WHAT'S THAT WORD?



WHOO-HOO? Is that it? Whoo-hoo! This might be whoo-hoo-hoo when the last border materializes. I'm thinkin' hot pink batik, aren't you, Nina? It's very girly - Eva and Boo would approve.

What a quick procedure this quilt is. It isn't large, of course, but it is quick and easy. I just might have to try it again sometime. My cast-off half sqares came out 2-3/4" instead of 3" - they might have made 3, but splitting the difference to stretch it that far was given over to clear lines and crisp diagonals. I thought that little zig-zag strip of half-squares might make an interesting border (in the boneyard?).

Nor was I able to web the rows together as per the 'quiltville' instructions. The instructions were clear, but my old noggin just couldn't wind that bobbin. I did my usual - marked the horizontal sashing/square rows "A-F", and the block/vertical sashing rows "1-5" and managed well enough.

Confession time: Before I had the last little border pressed, I was looking through that carboard box for new possibilities. But I did put up the sewing machine until next week - after all it's only 2+ days away. ;>) Expect the serger should come out and play with it next time out, so maybe those big boxes of garment fabric will beckon.

So little time...and so many stitches.

4 comments:

Nines said...

A stunner, mom. Love it- and the zig-zag border is too cool. Sometimes webbing doesn't work for me either- the threads twist and then the order is out. Love the colors and I would like to sew a close up of the fabrics. Love you! Nina

Debra Dee said...

I was thinking the word was STUNNING. Your quilt is a real show stopper.

Laurie Ann said...

Oh boy, you are good! I just adore the colors you used in your pineapple blossom. Wow!

Katie said...

Yah, yah, yah! Colors are soooo great. I gotta make one too.