Monday, February 13, 2006

THIS ONE'S FOR SARAH


I hear she has an interest in this wedding picture. My, my, were we ever that young?
A dear friend found the wedding shot among some old slides and designed a 42nd anniversary card around it. Wasn't that thoughtful? I was in the hospital when it came in the mail. Wayne opened it at home, then brought it to me saying I'd think it the prettiest card anyone ever sent me. He was so right. I cried and cried ... until he was sure the nurses would come running to see what caused my little heart monitor to run haywire. It was good excitement.
Those seemingly small surprises can be so sweet - mean so much! We might remember that when we are tempted to think any kindness too small to bother.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a lovely card and friend!

Sarah said...

Peni -

Nina was right - her daddy was -and is - adorable! So are you! That wedding picture is a treasure!
Thanks for sharing!

Sarah

P.S. Someone was admiring my painted slate tile Saturday at the baby shower! I have it hangin in my entry way.